CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13 - Nationwide Boston Terrier Rescue, Inc.

So a couple of days ago I dedicated my post to Marley, our firstborn son.

As I mentioned, Marley is 12-years-old and has bone cancer...so sad. I donated $1 to the Charleston Animal Society in his honor.

So, it's only fair to make a donation in honor of Marley's younger brother, Griffon.

Griffon is our 4-year-old Boston Terrier who was "rescued" from a pet store in Conway, S.C. by my mother-in-law...what a wonderful gift!

Griffon is the funniest dog I have ever been around, and his ears are the biggest I have ever seen. I swear, he was born with the same size ears he still wears today...yet his body was so small he fit in the palm of my hand.

Griffon now is obsessed with licking my child's face after he finishes up his sweet potato dinner. Rostan thinks that he is hysterical...he is a wonderful babysitter.

When Griffon was around a year old and we were living in Charleston, he escaped one morning out the front door as husband was leaving for work.

Not sure if you have seen a terrier on the loose, but they tuck their butts in and truck it as fast as they can in the opposite direction of the person yelling and chasing them.

Griffon ran straight across the street, without looking both ways, and into the neighbor's yard. Just as he was running up to their front door, one of the neighbors was opening it and walking out on her way to work. She didn't even see the mad boston terrier fly into her house at the same time she was coming out. So, she wondered what husband was doing as ran towards her.

He tried to explain what just happened, but at the same time she heard her roommate scream in the back bedroom "What the *@#$?" Griffon tucked and trucked straight into her roommate's bedroom and flew onto the bed.

Needless to say, we didn't know our neighbors and certainly weren't invited over for supper club after that.

So, in honor of our little "boston terrorist," I am donating $1 to the Nationwide Boston Terrier Rescue, Inc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment