CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12 - 'Haiti: Aid Still Required'

While I had another charity in mind for today, I just realized that it is the one-year anniversary of the tragic Haiti earthquake. While doing some research, I came across the following website: http://aidstillrequired.org/haiti

On January 12th, 2010 a 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck just off the coast of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, killing 230,000 and injuring millions more. Today, only 3% of the rubble has been removed, over a million people are still living under tarps and tents (highly subject to all kinds of violence and sexual assault), and cholera is spreading. Clearly, aid is still required!

Last year after the earthquake, I worked on a project at work that raised money (around $33,000) to donate a water treatment system to Haiti through Water Missions International. I will never forget the photos that I received right after the earthquake with the bodies scattered along the roads...very horrific.

Instead of just donating $1 today, I am going to donate $2 - $1 to 'Haiti: Aid Still Required' and $1 to Water Missions International.

I pray for those in Haiti who have been touched by this awful tragedy, and I pray that your lives will improve drastically in the coming days, weeks and months...may the world remember last year's earthquake and be inspired enough to again donate anything they can to aid in your recovery.

1 comments:

caroline

Ended up donating $5 to Water Missions International - this was the minimum donation required to do this online on my debit card...well worth the $5.

Post a Comment